Reading the new posts of blogs I follow became my new guilty pleasure. Every morning I bring my cup of coffee to my desk, turn on my computer and start reading. A good cup of coffee and a good read – what a wonderful start into a new day. And there it was….my nomination for the Very inspiring blog award , I almost spit my coffee all over the place. “Holly Molly” what do I have to do?
I started blogging a short while ago and I still don’t know how I came up with the idea. I love the internet and all it’s possibilities, but I don’t use any social media sites. No Facebook, no Twitter…I am the total social media dinosaur. So, right from the start I joked around “I will be the only blog out there in the internet Nirvana that will never be found by anybody”… besides the people I can blackmail into reading, like my lovely husband and my crazy friends 🙂
I was wrong, I have been found and my daily award are the people who follow my blog. I am thrilled to read your guys comments and every “like” makes me smile. Now just imagine a really, really big smile here on this beautiful wrinkled face 🙂
So back to the Nomination, even I could understand what I have to do, it’s pretty self explaining (a heartfelt “Thank you” for that).
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
The amazing person who nominated me is the writer of the blog http://pavanneh.com/2014/06/28/very-inspiring-blogger-award. I adore her blog and I am always thrilled when she stops by and reads some of my “stuff”. Thank you for the nomination! Once more you have made my day, once more you have put a smile on my face.
Rules listed above (check)
Oh boy, 7 facts abut myself…hmmmm well it doesn’t say interesting facts –it only says facts, so I should be able to manage that.
So here you go….facts about me:
1. I write this blog in English, however English is not my mother tongue, actually I learned English quiet late, because I always thought I would never need it (yep, another one of my brilliant judgement calls in life).
2. I was born and raised in Europe, somewhere between Austria and Italy. I am not kidding, we always joked that we lived in No-man’s Land.
3. I love animals and sometimes I think I love them more than some human beings.
4. I have a very wicked sense of humor and can’t hide it for very long. It’s easier to get a grip on it when I type, but it is very quickly very obvious in real life. I am a serious goofball!
5. I am a crybaby, a major weeper. I can’t watch true stories on TV without having my cry-box close by (cry-box is that thing with tissues in it). Movies like “The Notebook” and stories about animals in need almost kill me and I run around with puffy eyes for hours.
6. I am a crafty little Ladybug…seriously I have a creative gift and I am grateful for it!
7. One more, one more….come on there has to be something else. Yep, I love to cook, my husband calls the room where I cook “my witch-kitchen”. I love to try new recipes and I even invented some dishes and they turned out to be a hit (at least in our house).
Nominate 15 other blogs. OK…seriously that was the hard part. I spent the last hours reading some blogs over and over again. I found out that some of my favorite blogs are an “award free zone” and that threw me off a little bit. Why would you not want an award, but then I saw the Million followers and understood 🙂
So here are my nominees and please forgive me when I overlooked a “non award zone sign”:
Thank you for reading!
Thank you for following!
Thank you for making my day!