Oh my Goodness another award nomination; I am thrilled and thank Silver Threading for thinking about me. She has an amazing blog with beautiful pictures and I always look forward to reading her posts.
The rules for winning this award are simple. Here they are:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award image.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Facts about me? Goodness, that’s the hard part…let me think
1. I am a “one-woman-animal-rescue”. I can’t proof it –so far- but I am absolutely certain, that we have a sign on our roof, that is only visible to animals in need. Feral cats, stray dogs, injured birds and squirrels…somehow they end up in our yard and care. We don’t trust animal shelters too much and pamper our guests back to health (if needed) and find good homes for them, by using our “bush drums” called friends.
2. I didn’t care for football at all, but I am married to a lovely man who loves it. Needless to say, I was bored our of my mind when he watched football. Years ago I bought a foot ball book for dummies and tried to understand the game and rules. Go figure…”a thigh end” doesn’t mean the guy has a cute behind (what was I thinking). Over the years I learned not just the rules, but although started to like the game and even have a favorite team. I don’t know how it happened, but I chose a team that my husband didn’t care for. Let’s say our Football Sundays are very entertaining, what brings me to the next fact.
3. I can’t watch “my team” and sit still, I have to jump, comment and whistle. Everybody knows it (of course) and I have been borrowed to whistle for their teams on numerous occasions. I can whistle really loud when needed, something that I learned as a child. Not very ladylike (smile).
4. I have a secret love affair with Dean Martin…so it seems. His music is often playing in my kitchen, mostly when I cook Italian. Somehow cooking, a glass of red wine and his music makes me happy, it just fits together!
5. I love Orchids and buy them on special occasions or days that I want to remember. The last one I bought in May, when we had to put our oldest dog to sleep. Her Orchid is on my desk and her picture is in front.
6. I am a list-hawk! If I write a “to-do-list” I don’t stop until everything on this list is done and taken care of (not to myself: Don’t put too much on your daily list, you aren’t getting any younger).
7. I refuse to text (mostly). Not that I can’t do it, I just don’t see the sense in it. If you want to talk to me, or check on me, for Heaven’s sake pick up the phone or come by and if you can’t do that…well, too bad 🙂 I see people everywhere starring at their phones, even when they are with other people and I don’t like it. I decided to use my phone as phone only and I even send it in “time out” quiet often, I am not available 24/7.
This are the 15 blogs I nominate:
Some blogs don’t want (need) awards anymore and in case I overlooked it, please forgive me and just ignore my nomination.