Let me see, do I really want to focus -again- on something negative and make a list of things, I couldn’t accomplish last week? Or, do I keep on writing, with a smile on my face, and concentrate instead on the things that I did accomplish.
I am tired of all the negativity in the word -blogging world included. I am a positive, little bugger and would like to stay that way. I love the daily prompt and deal patiently with the daily reruns. So what can I do?
Maybe I can write a post and do both, list the negative as well as the positive and keep the scale in balance…yin and yang.
Bad news first -as always.
Here is the list of things I didn’t accomplish last week:
- World peace – Again it didn’t work the way I wanted. The world is not listening to me. It seems that the ordinary people want peace, but the leaders and governments prefer to fight, they prefer war.
- End Hunger – a total failure as well. As much as I wish to find a solution, I can’t.
- End Homelessness – Even though some people are working on it, we can’t get the governments involved in our plans. They seem to look away on purpose. They prefer to not see the homeless.
What’s holding me back? Money, I don’t have enough money to have a voice. With money you can buy fame and fortune this days, you can even buy so called reality show and bore people to death, with whatever agenda you have. Missing money, fame and fortune is holding me back.
Now the good news. The cheerful list of things I did accomplish:
- Once again, I cleaned our house, top to bottom. Once again I mopped and scrubbed, dusted and wiped and could declare victory for about 3 minutes.
- I did not flip the person of, who took my parking spot at the Giant Eagle parking lot. I just rolled my eyes in disbelieve and cursed a little bit. But I stayed calm and didn’t rip her head of as I wanted to.
- I helped our dogs and taught our new puppy how to climb stairs. I think the dogs didn’t really need me, but it felt good to be involved.
- World peace in our house. “The Princess”, “the star” aka lazy Weimeraner accepted the puppy and shares her bed with Patches. That’s a miracle all by itself. I bought the bed, so I list it under my accomplishments.
- I juggled successfully work, household, marriage, friends, neighbors and didn’t drop a ball.
Life was good last week. Like so many woman I seem to like obstacle courses.
Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?