A group of older, married women met at a seminar on How to live in a loving relationship with their husbands. The women were asked, “How many of you love your husband?”
All the women raised their hands.
Then they were asked, “When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?”
Some women answered today, a few yesterday, and some couldn’t remember.
The women were then told to take out their cell phones and text their husband:
“I love you, Sweetheart!”
Next, the women were instructed to exchange phones with one another and read aloud the text message they received in response to their message:
1. Who the hell is this?
2. Eh, mother of my children, are you sick or what?
3. Yeah, and I love you too. What’s wrong?
4. What now? Did you wreck the car again?
5. Are you alright?
6. What the hell did you do now?
7. Don’t beat around the bush, just tell me how much you spent?
8. Am I dreaming?
9. If you don’t tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.
10. I thought we agreed you wouldn’t drink during the day.
11. Your mother is coming to stay with us, isn’t she?
If you have been married for a while, you understand that these replies are a sign of true love. Who else would reply in such a succinct and honest way?
About four years ago my husband texted me out of the blue and sent me a similar message. I replied, “Who is this. My husband doesn’t text,” and it cracked him up.
I had to share this because it’s so real.