Use and care for sewed cloth face masks
How to Put the Mask On
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or alcohol-based sanitizer). Dry your hands with a clean paper towel and throw the paper towel away.
2. Make sure the exterior side of the mask is facing out, away from your face.
3. Place the mask on your face with the exterior side facing out and the stiff, bendable edge at the top by your nose. Try to use the elastic and avoid touching the inside/outside of the mask.
4. Once the mask is in place, use your index finger and thumb to pinch the bendable top edge of the mask around the bridge of your nose.
5. Make sure the mask is completely secure. Make sure it covers your nose and mouth so that the bottom edge is under your chin.
8. Wash your hands.
While Wearing the Mask During the Day
1. Do NOT pull the mask down like one would a scarf on a ski slope. Adjustments should be made using the ties or cord at the neck or on top of the head.
2. Avoid touching your face even when the mask is in place.
3. Every time you do touch the mask for any reason, wash your hands before/after touching the mask.
Removing the Mask
1. Wash your hands before removing the mask.
2. Do not touch the inside of the mask (the part over nose and mouth). It may be contaminated from your breathing, coughing or sneezing. If you do touch the mask, wash your hands.
3. Remove the mask touching the elastic.
4. Wash your hands.
Cleaning the Mask
1. At the end of the day, take the mask off from the straps (not touching the front), place in a pillowcase or laundry bag.
2. Wash it in the washing machine with hot water and completely dry on medium or high heat.
3. Iron or steam the pleats (optional)