I like the daily prompts, love to read what others have to say about the same subject I just wrote about.
However…lately I am not so thrilled anymore (and that’s an understatement). Someone called it the “Daily downer” and it made me laugh…but it is so true. We had a bad ice rain over night and even though I have lots to do, I am stuck at the house until it will warm up. I came online and read today’s daily prompt, asking me to write my own obituary and my first reaction was an “ewwwwwwww, that’s morbid”.
If I want to be brought down. I just have turn on the news or read a newspaper, there is so much negativity in this word already…why add to it? How about we cheer the prompts up? And maybe have some new ideas, instead of re-runs?
Here are some suggestions:
- Write about your favorite fairy tale…and tell us why you loved it and what would you change?
- You get $500, you can’t spend it on someone you know, but have to spend it on a stranger. Who would it be and why?
- The funniest thing you heard a kid say?
- An occupation you admire, but couldn’t do yourself?
- The night at the museum! In what museum would you spend a night in..and what comes to life?
- What was the greatest present you have ever gotten?
- What was the funniest present you have ever gotten?
- Favorite paintings…which one is yours and why?
- Tell us about another blog(s) you adore?
and so on and on and on.
For Heaven’s sake, it’s not that complicated. You have so many good and talented writers here, people from all the world with endless imagination and ideas…go ask in a daily prompt what they would like to write about? Now, that would be called a clever idea 🙂
Daily prompts In loving memory. Write your own obituary.